The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
TTUHSC Chapter 343
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi is the nation's oldest, largest, and most selective all-discipline honor society. Phi Kappa Phi inducts approximately 30,000 students, faculty, professional staff, and alumni every year. Once inducted, Phi Kappa Phi members gain a lifelong passport to a global network of academic and professional opportunities. Since its founding in 1897, more than 1 million members have been initiated. Some of the organization's more notable members include former President Jimmy Carter, writer John Grisham, NASA astronaut Wendy Lawrence, and Netscape founder James Barksdale.
Phi Kappa Phi has chapters on nearly 300 select college and university campuses in North America and the Philippines. Membership is by invitation only to the top 10 percent of seniors and graduate students and 7.5 percent of juniors. Faculty, professional staff, and alumni who have achieved scholarly distinction also qualify. The Society's mission is "To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others."
Think you meet the above criteria and have not been invited to membership? Contact the TTUHSC Chapter Officers via email .
Inaugural Officers 2018-2020
- President: Dr. Jannette M. Dufour
- President-Elect: Dr. Tobias Kroll
- Student Vice-President: Kandis Wright
- Student Vice-President: Lauren Molina
- Treasurer: Dr. Alyce S. Ashcraft
- Secretary: Brandi Hargrave
- Awards & Grants Coordinator: Erin Woods
- Administrator: Dr. Rial Rolfe
- Past President (2016-2018): Dr. Sharon B. Cannon
Phi Kappa Phi awards $1.4 million each biennium to outstanding students, Phi Kappa Phi members, and chapters. Learn more about each Phi Kappa Phi award program below. For additional details including eligibility requirements and application instructions, visit www.phikappaphi.org/awards.
- Dissertation Fellowship
- Study Abroad Grants
- Love of Learning Awards, Literacy Grants
- Ray Sylvester Distinguished Service Award
- Scholar and Artist Awards
- Excellence in Innovation Award
- Academic Recognition
- Career Resources
- Internship Opportunities
- Partner Discounts
- Society Services
- Society Publications