Application Instructions - Public Health
MPH Degree Admissions
Prerequisites for Admission: See the Graduate School website for a complete list of admission requirements.
- A bachelor's degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- The applicant must provide transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Official GRE scores - TTUHSC Institution Code is 6851.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, which must be from former faculty or administrators who are familiar with the scholastic abilities of the applicant. In the case of an applicant who is coming to us from a practice setting, one of the letters may be from an employer.
- Submit a written essay through the online application. The essay should describe past experience as it relates to the applicant's interest in public health, career goals, purpose for applying to the program, and how the program will serve future goals.
- Proof of health insurance. If the applicant does not have health insurance, please click here for information regarding available insurance plans.
- A personal interview may be requested.
More Admissions Information
To apply for admission to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Master of Public Health program, applicants are required to complete the online application. Applications are received online through the online application system RaiderConnect. The Application System can be accessed through BioRaider.com.
Falsification of application information will void admission to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. All sections of the online application must be completed, and it must be submitted prior to the application closing date, which can be found on the website listed above.
|Program||Program Start||Deadline*||Campus Location(s)|
|Public Health MPH and Certificate||Summer 2019||March 1||Abilene
|Fall 2019||June 1|
|MPH Accelerated Program||Summer 2019||March 1||Online|
Scholarship opportunities and applications for the Master of Public Health Program may be viewed on the scholarships page.
Medical students interested in the MD/MPH dual degree program must submit an application to both programs. The TMDSAS application will not be accepted by the GSBS. Note that the deadline for applications may differ for each program. Please be aware of this and meet all deadlines for each program.