Applied Practice Experience
ABOUT THE MPH APPLIED PRACTICE EXPERIENCE
- All students in the TTUHSC MPH program are required to complete the Applied Practice Experience in order to comply with the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) Public Health Program accreditation requirements. Please click here to view the requirements.
- The Applied Practice Experience (APE) is an integral component of professional training in public health, enabling students to observe and learn from professionals in the field. The APE also allows students to apply theoretical learning toward achievement of practical goals and skills while under the supervision of a preceptor and an APE faculty advisor.
- You can view responsibilities of students, preceptors, and APE faculty advisors or find specific APE requirements (such as Prerequisites, APE Process and Learning Objectives) in the TTUHSC MPH APE Handbook.
- A list of APE Opportunity Sites can be found here.
- Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for questions about the APE.
- For more information visit the Helpful Links or Contact Information pages.
- You can also view the TTUHSC Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences MPH Program Guidelines and Requirements for Graduate Students Master in Public Health Program.
Interested in becoming a preceptor?
If so, please fill out the Applied Practice Questionnaire for Preceptors Form and contact Dr. Dennis below.
Dr. Jeff Dennis
Applied Practice Experience Director
Department of Public Health, TTUHSC
3601 4th St. Stop 9430
Lubbock, Texas 79430
Note: The information in this section is specific to the TTUHSC Department of Public Health MPH Applied Practice Experience requirement. All MPH degree students will need to complete an Applied Practice Experience to comply with the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) Public Health Program accreditation requirements. Please click here to view the requirements.