Thank you for your interest in the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the educational coordinator for the program/concentration
of interest prior to beginning the application process. http://www.ttuhsc.edu/gsbs/faculty/advisors.aspx
Below are some links that may be useful in your application process.
Admissions Policy - lists all documents required to complete an application. It is highly recommended
that all applicants review the policy in our handbook prior to starting the application
Tuition & Fees
Graduate applicants may communicate with the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
admissions office through email (email@example.com).
The admission process for the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) is more
than just an application. To ensure that applicants can succeed in a graduate program,
an applicant’s personal qualities, work experience, and ability to work with different
ideas and personalities within a program are also important admission factors.
Admission to any graduate degree program is granted by the Dean of the Graduate School
of Biomedical Sciences upon the recommendation of the GSBS Admissions Committee and/or
the program faculty.
Some helpful suggestions for completing the application process are listed below.
- APPLY ONLINE
- When applying through the TTUHSC Online Admissions Application Wizard System (Merlin),
select Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences application, major, and term.
- Applicants may check the status of their documents on the web through Merlin. All documents must be received by the application deadline date.
- Applications must be completed and SUBMITTED by application closing date. Only submitted applications with all required support
documents can be considered for admission.
- Your application is not submitted until you see "PACKET SUBMITTED" with a large green checkmark to the right.
- Please note:
- The Pharmaceutical Sciences program is a separate program from the Biomedical Sciences
concentration in Pharmacology and Neuroscience. DO NOT apply to the School of Pharmacy
for the Pharmaceutical Sciences program.
- A non-refundable processing fee of $45 is required for all applicants. The processing
fee can be paid online by credit card, or by mailing a money order, a cashier's check,
a traveler's check, or a US postal money order made payable to the Graduate School
of Biomedical Sciences. Applications for graduate programs will NOT be considered
unless accompanied by the processing fee.
- INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
- International applicants must have earned a bachelor's degree equivalent to a 4-year
US bachelor's degree, typically requiring at least 120 US equivalent credit hours, from
an institution recognized by their government ministry as a degree-granting institution.
- Request a course-by-course transcript evaluation of all international transcripts.
DO NOT send international transcripts or marksheets to Texas Tech University Health Sciences
- Applicants currently enrolled in coursework at the time of application must submit
a course-by-course transcript evaluation of all completed study. Consideration may
then be given for provisional admission upon the condition that a final course-by-course
transcript evaluation is provided prior to enrollment. Applicants must submit at least
six semesters of coursework to be eligible for admission consideration. Applicants
must have been in good standing in all schools attended at final matriculation.
- An international applicant must provide official transcripts from attendance at any
- All international applicants are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign
Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) and
have an official score report sent to the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences from
the testing service. Faxes and photocopies of scores are not accepted. The Institute
Code for GSBS is 6851. Score reports must not be more than two years old.
- The language requirement is waived for international applicants who complete a degree
from an accredited U.S. university or for those who are a citizen of a country whose
native language is English.
- Applicants must mail or email the Financial Statement form provided with the online application.
- A bank statement or statement from sponsor's bank is required for documenting financial
support for at least the first year of school. The document may be mailed or emailed.
- International applicants may apply to all programs/concentrations with the exception
of the Biomedical Studies MS concentration located in El Paso.
- US APPLICANTS (including Immigrant Permanent Residents)
- Official transcripts of all previous and current college level study and showing the
completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited US college or university is required.
- If you are an Immigrant Permanent Resident, you must provide a copy of the front and
back of your green card, as well as an Oath of Residency if you are claiming Texas
residency for tuition purposes.
- ALL APPLICANTS
- Submit an online application prior to the application closing date.
- Pay the non refundable $45 application fee for each application submitted.
- Submit an Oath of Residency form provided through the on-line application.
- Submit a written essay through the online application, stating your reasons for applying
to your chosen program.
- Two letters of reference using the form provided with the online application AND/OR
by written letter from your references. Letters and forms may be mailed or emailed
to firstname.lastname@example.org Emailed forms/letters must come directly from the author's work or institutional
email address. The confidential recommendation form is required for applications
to the Pharmaceutical Sciences program and recommended for Biomedical Sciences and
- Immunization form provided through the online application with a copy of immunizations
record or physician's letter. Immunization documentation must be provided prior to
- All applicants are required to show proof of: two (2) immunizations for varicella
(chicken pox), measles, mumps and rubella; 2-step tuberculosis skin test; hepatitis
B-series; Tetanus/diptheria (Td); Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, and Acellular Pertussis):
Adult (one time dose starting year 2005); Meningococcal Vaccine (MCV): Adults 22
and younger (vaccine within the last 5 years). http://www.ttuhsc.edu/gsbs/documents/forms/immunization.pdf
- Official GRE Score Reports are required. Score reports or additional information about
GRE must be sent directly from the Education Testing Service, www.gre.org. Photocopies
of GRE scores are not accepted.
- The Institute Code for GSBS is 6851.
- Scores must not be more than 5 years old.
- Email email@example.com for instructions to request MCAT in lieu of GRE.
Please send all required documents to:
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Office of the Registrar - <Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences>
3601 4th MS 8310 Lubbock, TX 79430-8310
All applicants should allow ample time for required support documents to be received
and added to the application file. Only submitted applications along with all required
support documents can be considered for admissions.