Vision: The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will be recognized nationally
as a top-ranked health sciences university.
The Mission of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is to improve the health of people by providing educational opportunities for students
and health care professionals, advancing knowledge through scholarship and research,
and providing patient care and service.
In support of the institutional mission, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences strives to provide superior graduate education as well as leadership in increasing
knowledge and understanding through scholarship and research. The mission of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is to educate the next generation of
scientists and health-related professionals in a dynamic and productive research environment
that fosters creativity and discovery.
- The faculty and staff of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences are committed
- Providing the larger academic community, as well as future employers, with graduates
who are highly competent, independent, ethical researchers and teachers;
- Demonstrating in all pursuits honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and commitment
to academic freedom;
- Ensuring that GSBS faculty, staff and students are supported in their efforts with
state-of-the-art resources, facilities, and training opportunities;
- Serving as leaders in the community for the advancement of knowledge related to the
basic biomedical and related health sciences.