Distinguished Staff Awards
The Distinguished Staff Awards program recognizes and supports the achievements of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center non-faculty benefits-eligible employees.
There are five levels of Distinguished Staff Awards
- Quality Staff Award
- Quality Supervisor Award
- Quality Team Award
- President's Award of Excellence
- Chancellor's Award of Excellence
More information about each award can be found on the Award Descriptions page.
The Distinguished Staff Awards are made in accordance with each of the eligibility criteria listed below.
The nominee(s) must:
- Be continuously employed as a full-time or part-time, benefits-eligible staff member as required by award criteria
- Not received a disciplinary action within the previous twelve months
- Completed all required trainings
- Not have been the recipient of a Distinguished Staff Award in the past five years (the Quality Service Award will be used as a basis of eligibility until a five year history has been established for the Distinguished Staff Awards)
Note: The nomination may include an individual or team, however, all members of a team must meet eligibility criteria as stated above.
The nomination form is the only source of information about the nominee that the selection committee uses in the selection process. The members evaluate to what degree the nominee meets the standards of the award criteria. Quantity of nominations received is not a factor. The nomination should describe how the nominee has demonstrated the values, behaviors, or qualities for the specific award. Supplemental information (e.g., letter of reference) included with the nomination will not be submitted to the selection committee.
Verification of employment, performance, and training criteria will be completed. Nominations meeting the eligibility requirements stated above are sent forward to the supervisor and senior leadership for approval.
A selection committee uses a weighted scoring method to evaluate the items. The selection committee prepares a list of recommended awardees to submit to the Chancellor and university President for his or her review and final approval.
The 2019 nominations are due on March 15th.