As a practicing medical facility we take care of hundreds of patients a day. We require our volunteers and observers to be adequately trained and equipped to carry out the expectations of Volunteer Services Office and the various departments. Most volunteers and observers will have direct patient contact and will need immunization clearance before they can begin their assignment.
*Applications will not be considered or processed until both application, immunization worksheet, and immunization records are submitted. There will be some blank spaces on the TTUHSC Immunization Worksheet after you fill in your information. Please do not pursue any immunizations until you have first consulted with Volunteer Services.
Submit your application items here:
Please do not click the submit button more than once since it can take a few seconds to process.
Step 2 (After Application is Accepted and Processed by Volunteer Services)
- Consent to a Criminal Background Check.
- Complete Online Safety Training Course.
- Receive Required Immunizations and Be Cleared By the HSC Employee RN.
- Attend New Volunteer Orientation (Offered monthly)
- Work with Director of Volunteer Services to Find Volunteer Placement.
- Begin Volunteering and/or Observing.
Renewing Status with Volunteer Services
Volunteers and Observers will need to renew their status one year after being cleared. Renewal includes:
- Updated TB Skin Test and Flu Vaccine.
- Update HIPAA Training and sign new Confidentiality Statement.
Renewing Volunteer Status
If you would like to renew your status as a volunteer or observer: