Brookhaven College and TTUHSC Early Decision Admission
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Brookhaven College and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) RN to BSN Early Decision Program. The articulation agreement between these schools will allow you to plan by making the early decision to attend the TTUHSC School of Nursing RN to BSN program. Upon the successful completion of your ADN program and along with meeting the eligibility and admission requirements for the TTUHSC School of Nursing RN to BSN program, you can complete your BSN in as little as two semesters. (See our Eligibility and Admission Requirements below.)
Many employers are currently requiring that RNs be enrolled in a baccalaureate program of study or have earned their BSN as a condition of employment. Employers' reasoning is based on clinical research that has demonstrated the professional level of knowledge gained through baccalaureate education has a major impact on improving patient outcomes. The education you receive from TTUHSC School of Nursing will prepare you to become a leader, innovator and discoverer. This website is designed to give you the information you need to make an informed decision.
- Estimated tuition and fee information may be viewed here.
- Student Business Services can assist you with a breakdown of fees and the payment schedule.
Students will be under a provisional status until licensed as a registered nurse and upon successful completion of NURS 4342, "Evidence in Practice," and NURS 4233, "Art of the Human Experience," in the RN to BSN degree plan. Financial Aid is available once the provisional status is lifted and may be accessed at www.ttuhsc.edu/financial-aid.
Am I Eligible? Eligibility Requirements of Brookhaven ADN Students
To be eligible, you must complete the following steps:
- Complete a Declaration of Intent (DOI) form during the first semester of coursework at Brookhaven College. Students who do not complete the DOI in their first semester will not be in compliance with the early decision agreement. For more information about the DOI, contact your advisor at Brookhaven College.
- Submit a formal application to the RN to BSN Program at TTUHSC; and, meet all minimum admission requirements. For application dates as well how to apply, click here.
- Upon completion of your ADN education and after receiving an admission offer to the TTUHSC School of Nursing’s RN to BSN program, you will be provisionally admitted and may take two courses, NURS 4342 Evidence Into Practice and NURS 4233 Art of the Human Experience, while waiting for your RN licensure. (NOTE: Provisional Admission is not eligible for financial aid.)
- For provisionally admitted students, upon passing the NCLEX examination (RN licensure exam), you will be granted full admission to the RN to BSN program and may enroll in full-time studies the following semester.
Do I Meet the Admission Requirements? Admission Requirements for Brookhaven ADN Students
A declaration of intent to seek a BSN from TTUHSC School of Nursing and admission application to the nursing program at Brookhaven College are required to qualify for early decision admission status. This status will assure graduates who meet the following admission requirements acceptance into the RN to BSN track at TTUHSC School of Nursing. To submit an application, click here.
- ADN students, in the next to the last semester of course work at the College must demonstrate a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale for general education prerequisite courses.
- Pre-Nursing courses must be completed with a grade of C or better and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Completion of 54 credit hours of general education prerequisite courses prior to first class day of the RN to BSN program..
- For full admission status, ADN graduates must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) and hold a license in good standing with the Texas Board of Nursing. If the NCLEX has not been passed, provisional admission will be offered..