IPE Faculty Development
*Upcoming Events for 2014:
- May 1-2, 2014 -- Health Professions Education Research as Translational Science -- all campuses
- May 22, 2014 -- Interprofessional Simulation Scenario Writing Workshop -- Lubbock
- June 2, 2014 -- TeamSTEPPS -- Odessa
- June 16, 2014 -- TeamSTEPPS -- Lubbock
- June 23, 2014 -- TeamSTEPPS -- Abilene
- July 8, 2014 -- TeamSTEPPS -- El Paso
- July 14, 2014 -- TeamSTEPPS -- Amarillo
- August 11, 2014 -- TeamSTEPPS -- Dallas
- August 18, 2014 -- TeamSTEPPS -- Midland
*To enroll for any of the above events, please contact Shelley Burson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthcare Reform, eHealth and Implications for Education of Nurses, Physicians, Pharmacists and Allied Health Professionals
February 8, 2013
- Billy Philips, Jr., Ph.D., M.P.H., Executive Vice President and Director, F. Marie Hall Institute for Rural and Community Health
- Susan McBride, RN, Ph.D., Senior Advisor, F. Marie Hall Institute for Rural and Community Health, and Professor, School of Nursing
- Define Health Information Technology (HIT and the need for high functioning medical teams
- Explain new regulatory requirements and recent legislation to transform healthcare
- Discuss the purpose and requirements for Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records
- Discuss New Payer Models and the need for "the right" data to manage population health and the financial risk these models require
- Discuss implications for faculty to transform how we educate healthcare professionals
Monday, September 17, 2012
- Lara Boyett, DNP, R.N., ACNP, FNP, Clinical Faculty, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and Director, Cardiac Rehab, Emergency Services, Little River HealthCare
- Brian K. Irons, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCACP, BCPS, BC-ADM, Head of the Ambulatory Care Division within the Department of Pharmacy Practice at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Julian Rivera, J.D, Partner with Brown McCarroll Law firm
- What authority does your profession have?
- What are the controversies involved in having prescriptive authority in your profession?
- What are the changes with prescriptive authority and how will this impact health care?
Interprofessional Education Faculty Development Institute: Instructional Design - August 2012
Sarah Shrader, PharmD, BCPS, CDE; Medical University of South Carolina
IPE Instructional Design:Concepts from the Literature and Examples from MUSC Presentation
View Video Presentation
QEP Faculty Development: A Networking Social - July 2012
Purpose: The purpose of the Networking Social is:
- Provide a brainstorming session for TTUHSC faculty so you can bring your Interprofessional Education (IPE) ideas and your interprofessional teammates together.
- Talk about the upcoming IPE Institute and work on your application for the IPE Institute.