TTUHSC Office of the Registrar
HomeOffice of the Registrar

Frequently Asked Questions

Registrar - FAQs

Q: How do I request a transcript?

A: Please visit the following website and instructions are provided based on whether you are a current student or a former student.

Q: Am I required to submit my TTU or TTU HSC transcript to the Office of the Registrar or to the Admissions office?

A: No, TTUHSC and TTU share a student record system. Both have access to view your educational records. 

Q: If I am registering for classes why is it saying I have no registration time ticket?

A: First, check if you are registering for the right term. If you are in the correct term and receiving the message, please contact your program coordinator. 

Q: I submitted a name change form but it still shows that my old name is on Sakai. How do I fix this?

A: Your name in Sakai is actually tied to your email address. After your name change has been processed please visit the website below, go to the email services tab and click change E-mail address. From here you can adjust your email address. Please allow 24hrs for it to update in the system.

Q: What is an enrollment verification and when and where can I get one if I need it?

A: Students may need to verify their enrollment status while at TTUHSC. This official document can be sent to various agencies and organizations, including loan companies, health insurance, future employers, automobile dealers, credit card companies, or anyone you have authorized to receive your information. You can request an Enrollment Verification after the census date at under the registration tab or contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance. We can only provide an enrollment verification after the census date of that term. 

Q: What is a census date?

A: The census date is the date defined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) on which an official and final enrollment count has submitted and recorded to the THECB. The actual day on which the census date falls is contingent on the length of the semester.

The census date is published in your school’s official academic calendar.

Q: Does the Registrar’s office upload ERAS transcripts and or MSPE’s (Deans Letters) into the ERAS system?

A: The Office of the Registrar does not upload any documents into the ERAS system. If you are needing those items uploaded, you can request them by filling out a transcript request form and marking that you need an ERAS transcript and Deans Letter. Those items then can be emailed to you. If you are a current student, your Office of Student Affairs will request those for you.

Q: Does the Registrar’s Office only verify medical education?

A: Yes. For Residency or Fellowship verifications or questions, please contact the Graduate Medical Education Office at 806-743-2978.

Q: I have a hold on my account for new student orientation but I completed it and it won’t let me register. How do I get this resolved?

A: New student orientation holds are put on by your Office of Student Affairs for your program. Please contact their office and they will be happy to assist you.

Q: What is FERPA?

A: The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. For additional information regarding FERPA, please go to the following link on our website:

Q: Who do I contact regarding residency status?

A: Questions regarding changing residency status, bordering county and registration issues regarding in state/out of state sections can be answered by the Office of the Registrar.

Q: Who do I contact regarding my tuition bill?

A: Questions regarding tuition and fees can be answered by contacting Student Business Services (PH: 806-743-7867 or E-Mail:

Q: Who do I contact regarding a hold on my student account?

A: Contact the Office of the Registrar for an explanation of the hold and how to get it removed. 

Q: Can the Office of the Registrar assist me to add/drop a class or withdraw/take a leave of absence from my program?

A: Due to the nature of our professional programs, the Office of the Registrar cannot add/drop a class or withdraw/take a leave of absence without a request from your program. Please contact your Program Director to assist you and then they will notify our office to process the request.