It is my pleasure to introduce you to this new and exciting program. Located in the School of Allied Health Sciences and Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, the MAT program is one of the newest additions to the School of Allied Health Sciences.
The MAT curriculum exceeds the entry-level standards expected of students entering the athletic training profession. It is our goal to provide the very best environment and experience to our students, enabling them to become competent, confident, and enthusiastic members of the athletic training profession.
- The TTUHSC MAT program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), 2201 Double Creek Drive, Suite 5006, Round Rock, TX 78664, (http://www.caate.net)
- The MAT program is a 59-semester credit hour entry-level program over the course of two years. It is designed to prepare students to meet National and State requirements to practice athletic training.
- Upon graduation from the MAT program students will be eligible to sit for both the National certification and State licensure examinations. Individuals must pass these examinations before they are eligible to practice athletic training.
- Students in the MAT program come from a variety of backgrounds and educational experiences.
The program provides students exposure to a variety of learning environments and experiences. Including:
- traditional classroom work
- laboratory time to practice learned skills
- clinical exposure to integrate classroom and lab work into practice, and
- experience conducting research.
|Number of 1st Time
BOC Exam Candidates
& Number Passing
Pass Rate %
National 1st Time
1st Time Texas
|2008||22||22||100.0%||Avail. May 2009||16/16||100.0%||81.3%|