All International Students are automatically enrolled into the Academic HealthPlan insurance policy while they attend Texas Tech University. All of our services are covered by this insurance plan and you many obtain your card, if you have not received it by mail to the US based address you entered, in Student Health Administration Room 210, Student Wellness Center. If you currently have insurance and the insurance meets the waiver criteria, you may fill out a waiver, see below of requirements. There is a medical evacuation fee all international students must pay regardless if they are a member of the Academic HealthPlan insurance or not.
- Fall deadline is September 15th. Appeal for Fall is September 22nd.
- Spring deadline is February 15th. Appeal for Spring is February 22nd.
- Summer deadline is June 15th. Appeal for Summer is June 20th.
All international students who are citizens in the following countries are not required to have tuberculosis screening:
American Samoa Iceland New
Australia Ireland Norway
Belgium Italy Saint Kitts and Nevis
Canada Jamaica Saint Lucia
Denmark Liechtenstein San Marino
Finland Luxembourg Switzerland
France Malta United Kingdom
Germany Monaco The Virgin Islands
All other countries no listed above will need to have a T Spot Test completed within the first 5 weeks of class.
- It must be performed by an American physician to be accepted.
- It must be the blood drawn test, not the skin test.
- If not completed, a hold will be placed on your account until it is.
- You will only need to show proof or receive TB testing your first semester of classes or if you are re-admitted student. This includes but not limited to:
- Students going from Undergraduate to Graduate School
- Students who attended another University of College
- Student who dropped out of Texas Tech and were re-admitted
- You can come to the clinic to fulfill this requirement after the first day of class.
- If you only testing for TB you will not be required to pay the Medical Service Fee.
- All incoming students are required to have proof of meningitis and MMRs. If you are 22 years of age or older, you do not have to show proof of meningitis.
Entry into the United States: Immigration Requirements
Please visit International Students and Scholars Services for more information about what requirements the United States has for entry.
If you have further questions regarding Immigration please contact your International Affairs Advisor. If you are unsure of who that my be or need other information, please visit:
- Visa Requirement
- Waiver Insurance Requirements
- Waiver Insurance Form
- Follow us on Facebook
- Academic HealthPlans