Benefits, Compensation & Advantages
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center offers many benefits and programs to care for our team members and their families.
As a state institution, TTUHSC provides comprehensive insurance benefits and retirement plans. And as a premier health care system, leading institution of education and research and employer of choice, TTUHSC invests in the growth and development of our team members. We are committed to promoting an innovative environment and supportive community. MORE INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES »
To equip you for lasting success and well-being, TTUHSC offers personal and professional development opportunities, unique perks and comprehensive benefits packages. Current team members can find additional information on the Employee Benefits page on the TTUHSC intranet.
TTUHSC provides many resources to support personal wellness and professional growth, including:
- Comprehensive health plans and other core insurance
- Paid leave, including sick and vacation leave, with accrual increase after two years
- 10-15 paid holidays annually
- State of Texas TRS Retirement Program enrollment is provided with automatic contributions by TTUHSC
- Supplemental Retirement Programs – 403(b) or 457
- Retiree Insurance for lifetime medical benefits
- Tuition Assistance Program for Current Team Members
- Employee Dependent Scholarships
- Continuing Education & Lifelong Learning Programs
- Leadership and Professional Development Programs
- Mental and Physical Wellness Programs
- Available leave for military service, bereavement, jury duty, required education and more
- Sick Leave Pool available to use when you or your immediate family are dealing with catastrophic illnesses or injuries
- Summary of Benefits
- ERS Rate Sheet
- Annual Contributions Overview Chart
- 403(b) Approved Vendor List (ORP & TDA)
- Current Holiday Schedule
While compensation is commensurate upon the individual qualifications and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, TTUHSC compensation plans and packages are designed to recruit, retain and reward talented, high-performing team members. Current team members can find additional information on the Compensation page on the TTUHSC intranet.
- Longevity pay for team members with two or more years of service
- For detailed position compensation practices, reference the TTUHSC pay plan
TTUHSC is committed to creating an environment where our team members can do their best work, with programs and benefits to support head-to-toe well-being.
- Faculty & Staff Clinic with on-site pharmacy
- Mother-Friendly Workplace
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Free membership to Wondr™, a skills-based digital weight loss program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Provided to all eligible faculty, staff and their eligible household family members who are seeking consultation and therapeutic services. This benefit includes free and confidential counseling sessions for depression, anxiety, family conflict, identity issues and more. These services are provided by experienced, licensed, on-staff counselors with the Counseling Center at TTUHSC.
Advantages & Perks
Being a TTUHSC team member means being part of a diverse and supportive community, with each campus offering its own unique advantages, facilities and cultural and academic events. Team members also enjoy a variety of perks, like discounts on travel, technology and entertainment. Explore just a few of the advantages of being a TTUHSC team member:
- Access to the Texas Tech Recreation and Aquatic Center at reduced Campus Member rate
- Access to the TTUHSC Libraries, and all associated digital and print journals, publications and resources
- Access to industry software, including Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office 365
- In-person and digital events, including webinars, symposiums and continuing education opportunities
- Texas Tech Athletics season tickets available at a discounted rate
- Texas Tech faculty and staff receive a discount on any new membership at the Rawls Golf Course
Discount Purchase Program
TTUHSC team members can take advantage of discounts on computers, cell phone plans, dining, travel and more, offered through Beneplace, the state employee Discount Purchase Program.