Global Health Lecture Series
The Office of Global Health (OGH) invites you to attend an ongoing lecture series on issues related to global health and constructive ways to build healthy communities. The lectures will be held twice a month at 12:00 noon CT. Invited guest speakers will share their personal stories and experiences. Everyone is invited to attend. Free lunch will be provided to the first 50 attendees (Lubbock campus only!). Click here for a list of lecture dates, speakers, and topics.
- Lubbock ACB 110
- Lectures originating at the Lubbock campus
will no longer be linked, but they will be
recorded for viewing on the OGH web site.
Arthur A. Islas, MD is a Sports Medicine Physician who has specialized in the field of Wilderness Medicine – taking care of athletes in austere environments.
This presentation will give an overview of high altitude illnesses and use actual case scenarios from Dr. Islas’ trips to Everest Base Camp to demonstrate treatment approaches.
For suggestions regarding future lectures, please contact the Office of Global Health.
- 04-Vivien Ingram, School of Medicine, FMAT, Class of 2017, Health, Healing, & Hope: Haiti Pre-, During, Post- Earthquake
- 18-Fatma Levent, MD, Pediatrics, TTUHSC, Healthcare in Turkey: A Journey To the Country Where the Continents Meet
- 18-Andrea Tenner, MD, MPH, FACEP, War, Disaster, & Death: Managing Complex Emergencies
- 20-Peter Hotez, MD, PhD, The NTDS, Blue Marble Health, & the Antipoverty Vaccines
- 08-Mike Russell, School of Medicine, Class of 2017, The Israel/Palestine Experience
- 10-Patti Patterson, MD, MPH, Beyond Tourism: TTUHSC Making a Difference in Nicaragua
- 22-Sharon Decker, RN, PhD, ANEF, FAAN and Chris Esperat, RN, PhD, FAAN, School of Nursing, Building Faculty Capacity for Clinical Simulation in a Philippine University
- 05-Kanika Monga & Ritik Tiwari, Voice for the Deprived
- 31-Sheldon Rubenfeld, MD, Healing by Killing: Medicine in the Third Reich
- 20-Cynthia Hester, BSED, RN, Medical Mission to Zambia
- 9-Dan Kelly, MD, Wellbody Alliance - Sierra Leone
- 5-John Thomas, MD, Operation Hope
- 6-Pauline Mills, CLC, ICCE, CD (DONA), The Benefits of a Birth Doula
- 13-Tom Xu, PhD, Yan Zhang, PhD, LAc, and Weimin Gao, PhD, Medicine in China: An Introduction
- 20-Meredith Aikman, MPH, The Heart of Tibet: Improving Public Health and Education in Rural Tibet
Summer Seminar Series on Health Disparities
ASSET "Adobe Reader Download" CANNOT BE SHOWN IN WYSIWYG