Family Medicine Residency Program
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Family Medicine Residency Program welcomes you to Lubbock, Texas. We have been educating students in the rural area for decades. Our Medical Students are equipped to become board certified upon graduating. Check out all our program has to offer.
- PGY 1 Salary $57,202.66
- PGY 2 Salary $58,495.83
- PGY 3 Salary $60,343.02
- Vacation = 15 days per year
- Sick = 5 Days per year
- CME = 4 days & $1,000 per PGY 2 & PGY 3 year
- Meal Cards/Parking spaces
- ACLS Recertification
- AAFP & TAFP Annual Membership
- Lab coats with laundry service
- Malpractice Insurance & workers compensation Insurance
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance for Resident (options available to include spouse and/or family)
How to apply:
The program receives applications solely through the Electronic Application Service (ERAS) provided by the Association of American Medical Colleges. You can contact your student affairs office for more information on how to apply through ERAS. For more information click ERAS.
We require the following:
- C.V. (curriculum vitae)
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of reference
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical School graduation must be within 5 years
- USMLE/COMLEX scores: No minimum score criteria, but we require all applicants to pass each exam within the first two attempts, except the Clinical Skills(CS) portion of Step 2, which must be passed on the first attempt.
All of these can be transmitted through ERAS. Your medical school must be on the list of schools whose graduates have demonstrated substantial equivalence of their education approved by the Texas Medical Board. Additionally, it is required that all applicants meet the Texas Medical Board licensing requirements prior to acceptance. Our university sponsors J-1 visas only.
Once we receive your completed ERAS application, we will contact you to set an interview date. Our deadline for application is December 1.
If you are an international medical graduate (IMG), contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for application materials and requirements. All IMG's must be ECFMG certified.
To request more information about our program or the application process, please contact our Residency Program Coordinator, Lucy Lara
What you need to know-coming soon
Testimonies coming soon
Residency Leadership Team
To ignite the ember that burns for continuous learning...To find equilibrium in the
demands of medicine, family and personal growth...To develop an abundant fund of knowledge
and skill...To offer a compassionate hand to those who come to us for care...
Frederick A. Rabah Onger, MD, FAAFP
Associate ProfessorVice-Chair/Residency Program Director Family and Community Medicine
We're here to help. Contact us if you have questions.