We are excited to introduce Our Values Based Culture to all our constituents – faculty, staff, students, patients and community members. Developing the list of values and behaviors is just our first step. We are forming five Values Integration Teams to help us integrate our values into our daily work and processes.
Unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission.
- Empower and energize one another to create positive growth
- Collaborate through open communication
- Hold ourselves and each other accountable by giving and accepting constructive feedback
- Foster a fun and healthy environment that encourages team spirit
- Recognize and celebrate contributions and achievements
Exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands and a positive attitude.
- Assume good intentions
- Listen first to understand
- Treat all consistently with compassion, respect and an open mind
- Acknowledge each other with courtesy
- Respond rather than react
Be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
- Be honest regardless of the outcome
- Make ethical choices in every situation
- Honor commitments
- Be transparent in your purpose, expectations and actions
- Protect and conserve institutional resources
Nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations and a pioneering spirit.
- Promote an innovative environment that embraces appropriate risk
- Be resilient and confident when faced with challenges
- Inspire continuous curiosity
- Demonstrate and inspire commitment to life long learning and personal development
Create and deliver positive defining moments.
- Anticipate the needs of each individual and respond with a generous heart
- Invest in the well-being, safety and success of all by going the extra mile
- Be solution-oriented, create the pathway to a win-win resolution
- Deliver excellence in everything we do
We began our journey to create a sustainable values-based culture on May 2-3, 2018. We invited 104 diverse HSC team members to a Values Summit where we developed a draft of the core values we commonly share and the behaviors that indicate when we are living them.
Next, we held over 90 listening tours on all our campuses and most of our managed care locations where more than 2600 HSC team members gave their input and helped us edit the document. Now, it is up to each of us to review the final statement of Our Values Based Culture and hold ourselves and others accountable to live these values each day.
We are excited to begin our campaign to introduce Our Values Based Culture to all our constituents – faculty, staff, students, patients and community members. Developing the list of values and behaviors is just our first step. We are forming five Values Integration Teams to help us integrate our values into our daily work and processes. Each of the following teams is focused on helping us accomplish the goals outlined in the TTUHSC 2020 Strategic Plan
- People Growth and Development Team
- Employer of Choice Team
- Recruitment and Retention Team
- Recognition and Awards Team
- Brand and Communications Team
Please contact Helen Davenport, our People & Culture Advocate at (806)743-2005 or firstname.lastname@example.org to join one of our integration teams.
Let’s work hard to recognize those who are living our values. Together, we will change our culture and make a positive impact on our students, patients, the TTUHSC community and each other.
(Click on the Values Summit logo above to watch the video)
As members of the TTUHSC Values-Based Culture, we are now accountable to live our Values. If you choose, you may print and complete the attached Values Pledge. When completed, please bring the document to your local HR team to pick up a compass rose lapel pin. By wearing the pin, we are reminding team members and others with whom we interact, that we would like them to hold us accountable.
Based on the objectives and strategies of the TTUHSC 2020 Strategic Plan, we have formed five Values Integration Teams to ensure we accomplish our Strategic People Goals by August 31, 2020.
The purpose of the Values Integration Teams is to deeply embed our culture into our team, and integrate the Values into our processes and decisions.
Each Team has an executive champion and one or two team leaders who are subject matter experts. Team members represent the entire organization.
Membership on any Values Integration Team has a term limit, and we will be looking for new team members to continue this work. If you have interest in being a member of one the teams, please contact Helen Davenport to ask to be added to the candidate list. As a membership slot becomes available, you will be contacted by one of the team leaders to request your current availability. Time commitment is one monthly meeting as well as individual research/tasks. You will not be required to travel for face to face meetings. Meetings can be conducted using Zoom or a similar online meeting interface.