Global Perspectives Film Series
Enjoy your lunch hour with us!
Come view one of the many extraordinary films from our library.
The Global Perspectives Film Series is one of our many continuing educational activities. Our goal is to provide the TTUHSC and local community with information about global, national, and local health and social issues.
Through the film series, attendees will also gain knowledge about various heritage celebrations, historic events, and current trends in health care. They will also receive insight into the customs, culture, and history of other countries and people.
This event is free and open to the public. No RSVP is necessary.
Upcoming Global Perspectives Film
- Date: Thursday, May 12, 2022
- Time: noon
- via Zoom (REGISTER HERE)
Human is a collection of stories and images of our world, offering a journey to the core of what it means to be human. Through these stories full of love and happiness, as well as hatred and violence, Human brings us face to face with the Other, making us reflect on our lives. From stories of everyday experiences to accounts of the most unbelievable lives, these poignant encounters share a rare sincerity and underline who we are — our darker side, but also what is most noble in us, and what is universal. Our Earth is shown at its most sublime through never-before-seen aerial images accompanied by soaring music, resulting in an ode to the beauty of the world, providing a moment to draw breath and for introspection.
Because each story highlighted in Human stands independently, attendees do not need to have viewed parts 1 or 2 in order to enjoy part 3. We hope you will join us for this beautiful glimpse into the shared human experience.
If you wish to be added to our Global Health events notification list, please email us at email@example.com.
- January - Pleasure Unwoven: An Explanation of the Brain Disease
- February - The White Helmets
- April - No Mas Bebes
- May - Unnatural Causes
- September - Saving Face: A Journey to Heal. A Fight for Justice.
- October - A Doctor of My Own: The First Medical Students of Namibia
- November - Silenced Voices: Tales of Sri Lankan Journalists in Exile
- December - A Closer Walk
- September - Be Good, Smile Pretty
- October - Women, War, and Peace: Pray the Devil Back to Hell
- November - Please Vote for Me
- December - Lives That Changed the World: Nelson Mandela
- September - The Longoria Affair
- October - Rx for Survival-A Global Health Challenge: Delivering the Goods
- November - Geronimo and the Apache Resistance
- December - Occupied Minds
- September - A Class Apart
- October - The Released
- November - True Whispers
- December - A Walk to Beautiful
- June - The Other Angels
- July - The Three Rabbis
- August - China's Lost Girls
- January - King: A Man of Peace in a Time of War
- February - Zora's Roots: The Life of Zora Neale Hurston
- March - The Gender Tango
- April - The Power of Forgiveness
- May - Most Honorable Son
Most films shown as part of the film series can be checked out through the OGH library. Visit the Resource Library web page for more information.
Got a film suggestion?
If there are specific films you would like to see viewed as part of our series, contact us! Your suggestions are always welcome.