- Dr. Ming-Hai Wang gave a presentation on June 19, 2016 titled "RON receptor as a
target for advanced cancer therapy: from small molecule to antibody-drug conjugate"
at Ningbo First Hospital, Zhejiang, China.
- Dr. Abraham Al-Ahmad has been accepted for participation in the Early Career Reviewer
(ECR) Program at the Center forScientific Review (CSR), National Institutes of Health
- Dr. Constantinos Mikelis delivered a presentation at the Northeastern University,
Boston on March 24, 2016 titled " The Rho-le of vascular permeability in Inflammatory
Received the Basic Sciences Seed Grant in Summer of 2016
- Dr. Magdalena Karbowniczek was invited to give a talk titled "Rheb transactivates
Notch to maintain multipotent properties of TSC-Null cells" at the University of Trento
in Trento, Italy on July 11, 2016.
- Dr. Maciej Markewski delivered a presentation at the Aegean Conference on July 2,
2016 titled "Ribosomal protien S 19 suppresses antitumor immune responses via the
complement C5a receptor."
- Dr. Trippier is invited to present a seminar at Discovery on Target, Tackling Rare
Diseases Symposia. He is also invited to deliver a talk at Mastering Medicinal Chemistry
Symposium in Boston on June 13, 2017 and to serve as session chair for "New targets
in CNS diseases, autoimmune diseases, immunology and rare genetic diseases"
- Dr. Sanjay Srivastava was a Keynote Speaker and Session Chair at the International
Conference on Updates in Cancer Prevention and Research, February 14-6, 2017, Lucknow,
India. He also delivered a lecture at the Department of Biochemistry, Lucknow University
in Lucknow, India on February 11, 2017.
Dr. Richard Leff received a $2.5 million grant from CPRIT to fund the North Texas
Pharmacology Cancer Core in Dallas, TX.
Dr. Kalkunte Srivenugopal received a $1.2 million CPRIT Grant.
New Grants and Awards - 2016/2017
Dr. Paul Trippier received award from Leukemia Texas.
Dr. Abraham Al-Ahmad recieved award from GLUT1 Deficiency Foundation.
Dr. Ulrich Bickel received award from Therachon.